- The LIS Chapter held a board meeting on January 13th. During the course of the meeting a number of items were discussed. Some of the more important issues were:
- The board approved the final draft of the Chapter’s Officer Position Descriptions which provides detailed information about the responsibilities of each Board position. The document can be found on our website.
- The board approved the final draft of the proposed bylaw changes which will go to the chapter membership for a vote in the near future.
- The board discussed the process for the selection of new inductees into the Chapter.
- The board set the date for the Chapter’s annual initiation banquet and annual meeting for Thursday, March 12th at 6:00 PM at the Protocol Restaurant on Transit Road in Williamsville. To make a reservation for the meeting, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or Brenda Battleson at email@example.com.
- The board decided the Chapter would co-sponsor The Bobinski Lecture featuring Dr. David Weinberg on March 10th at the Buffalo History Museum.
- The chapter will be holding elections for new officers to the board this summer or fall so if you are a member in good standing with the Chapter and you’d like to get more involved with our Chapter operations, think about running for a Chapter Office!
- The Chapter Board is still interested in having the Chapter carry out one or two service-related projects over the coming year. So, if you’ve got an idea for a project the Chapter could carry out or assist with, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.