Thank you to everyone who took the time to fill out the recent survey sent to BPM membership. We got great responses, and hope to use the feedback to plan for future events and to encourage other BPM members to serve on the eboard! Here, in brief, are some of the survey results.
- Nearly 75% of respondents indicated some interest in collaborating with other Beta Phi Mu members
- Email was a clear winner for communications with 96.55% of members asking for this type of communication
- 29 members responded; 27 updated their contact info
- Top three topics of research topics included technology, information literacy instruction, and budget/money-saving strategies
- Top three professional development requests were networking/mentorship, speakers and skill shares
- Top three initiative for BPM were virtual skill-shares, speaker series, and librarians helping librarians on special projects
- Goals for 2017
- Board will look into hosting 1 speaker, 1-2 workshops/skill-shares, and organizing a get-together at NYLA for New York State Beta Phi Mu members
- For networking purposes, the field of librarianship each member works in will be added to the membership list
If you are interested in serving on the eboard, please contact the board. Instructions can be found here.